Find answers, ask questions, and share ideas with the
Paralives community around the world.

Home Forums General Ideas 360* movement on characters

• 360* movement on characters

gamedomino updated 10 months, 3 weeks ago 5 Members · 5 Posts
  • chesirekitty-mnd

July 16, 2019 at 9:20 pm
     Hub Points

I think it’ll be very cool if we can control our characters by using up and down or left and right arrow keys or just W,A,S,D . It will make the game more unique and fun so u won’t have to click a space every time you want the character to move. Also can choose to do first person or third person I believe there should be an option for that. We can choose what perspective we want it at.

• parfaitdash

July 16, 2019 at 10:05 pm
     Hub Points

That’s nice, but only if it is a secondary way of playing the game. I personally prefer the camera system of the traditional sims games.

1+
  • rbolton

Noteworthy Newcomer
    August 21, 2019 at 8:30 am
    Trendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

Personally, I’d think a WASD movement system would be too complex and hard to use, especially if the game is going to use a top-down view system like the Sims. It would be very clunky getting around everywhere.

1+
  • Eclipsed_Skye

August 21, 2019 at 7:12 pm
     Hub Points

Following on from @RBolton‘s response, the complexity of builds some players may choose to create (considering it has a highly customizable build/buy section, if that’s what we’re calling it) would make this style of play extremely difficult for the player to move around, while terrain would also be difficult to scale and larger households might be problematic in terms of keeping it under control. The style of this game, similar to Sims, isn’t really to act as the person you’re in control of but to be in a creator’s perspective; I feel like the way of controlling the parafolk should reflect this style.

• gamedomino

Star Hubkin
    August 22, 2019 at 2:02 am
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki BadgeDiamond Egg
     Hub Points

This could be a mod, and while script mods won’t be at release, eventually alex will support script mods, and if so I’m hoping that this becomes one of them.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

New Report

Close