The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums General Ideas Paranormals DLC

• Paranormals DLC

Tini96 updated 1 year, 6 months ago 6 Members · 13 Posts
  • LightDeficient

Paraling
    May 12, 2020 at 3:09 pm
    Picture PerfectLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

Due to the document being too large to post on here, I am instead sharing a link!

I hope you enjoy❤️

READ HERE

• This discussion was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  LightDeficient.
  • disconeko

Noteworthy Newcomer
    May 12, 2020 at 5:30 pm
    Picture PerfectFriendship BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

Wow, there are some amazing ideas in this document! I love the whole concept of the magical woods and I think it would make a great world with a very special atmosphere. I especially like mermaids and their abilities like being able to dive through the deep waters and explore shipwrecks and secret caves. I also like all of the spells, rituals and potions and I think they would make a fine addition to the gameplay alongside gathering ingredients to perform/make them. I hope the devs one day will take inspiration from this doc and make a really great DLC.

• cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
    May 12, 2020 at 7:37 pm
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
     Hub Points

Love it! These are really good ideas and the depth of creativity with the back stories are amazing! I would love to have something like this for the future of Paralives DLC packs. I love the magical forest ideas. And I really like your ideas on having paranormals not just straightforwardly titled vampire mermaid etc. but paras being cursed by the moon, ocean, night within the game of that world. The option to have mermaid staying true to legends ‘real monsters’ and not just being beautiful and saving humans I’d really like for a choice for my paras as well, giving me the option to make the world creepier and not a place paras want to be near.

Would the magical woods and the Lore be separate worlds or would they share and inhabit the same world, just on different sides of the map?

• Amazing_Star

Pro Hubkin
    May 13, 2020 at 2:47 pm
     Hub Points

I love this. I think that gameplay of witches could go even deeper – runes, rural magic, blood magic (instead of blood something like life essence), more magic items and such.

I also think that Paralives should do paranormals that weren’t done before. Vampires, witches, mermaids and others you mentioned were already done by The Sims, I honestly want from devs to be more creative. There are more magical creatures and also creatures of different folklores (e.g. vodyanoy)

So far, I was thinking about elves, angels & demons, dwarfs, nymphs, centaurs (and other fron greek mythology) and more

I also think that there should be magical animals – dragons, phoenix, unicorns, griffins, pegasus and more

• Aibas(Ahmed Saddig)

Pro Hubkin
      May 13, 2020 at 5:55 pm
      Friendship BadgeDiamond EggAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty Badge
       Hub Points

i think blood magic would probably be under the “No gore” category of the teen rating. i personally would like it too though. i’m not sure if the team want to go as graphic as blood or if blood is ok with them.

• Amazing_Star

Pro Hubkin
      May 13, 2020 at 6:04 pm
       Hub Points

That is why I said that instead of blood it would be something different – life essence. It wouldn’t be blood, but you would be still giving your life force

• cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
      May 13, 2020 at 9:16 pm
       Hub Points

I agree! It’d also be fun and interesting if we could DIY our own fantasy creatures with customized different parts and accessories in PAM but then I think about it taking a lot of time to make all of those individual parts too

• LightDeficient

Paraling
      May 14, 2020 at 3:17 pm
       Hub Points

I thought of this as well, and I think will the assets and mechanics I provided in my document, custom occult types could be much simpler to add in through modding! Like if you want a medusa character you can make an occult type that only has access to the “Turn to stone” spell but with a custom animation or something of that sort! I really think it’s an interesting concept though and I wouldn’t mind that as even another separate DLC where it focuses more on mythology and that realm, giving us different part-animal assets like a birds beak, wings for angels or devils, horns, etc!Relaxed

• cakeefeatured

Star Hubkin
      May 15, 2020 at 5:11 am
       Hub Points

Ooo true I didnt think about that, but yeah it could def be implemented through the mods especially all of the different array of parts to be customizable. I also like you mentioned having two DLCs too, having a paranormal DLC and a mythology DLC I’d definitley be down for that Grinningthere’s endless possibilities and ideas for both you know?

• Amazing_Star

Pro Hubkin
      May 15, 2020 at 3:31 pm
       Hub Points

I would honestly be opened even for more than just two DLCs. DLC about basic supernatural characters, about sci-fi and cosmic creatures (aliens, time travel, alternative dimensions, superheroes?) and mythological creatures, but not just greek, there are so many interesting mythologies

• LightDeficient

Paraling
      May 15, 2020 at 3:34 pm
       Hub Points

I don’t know if mythologies would be hard to recreate in a linear way for the same reasons as religions. It’s hard to do them right because there are many different interpretations, basically.

• Amazing_Star

Pro Hubkin
      May 15, 2020 at 4:37 pm
       Hub Points

But that can be said about creatures like fairies and werewolfes, since there is for example a version of werewolf in slavic mythology or fairies that are part of Japan mythology. I get that it is impossible to do every mythology in world, but it could be possible to do do more than just greek mythology – many mythologies are mostly about deities, but game would have only creatures that are not deities. Maybe it shouldn’t be classified as mythological dlc, but as something different

• Tini96

Star Hubkin
    May 17, 2020 at 5:20 pm
    Picture PerfectFriendship BadgeLoyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

Love it! the concept of the world is so well elaborated and fits the theme of paranormals. I hope that the concept of each paranormals will be well elaborated as well. maybe the names could be adapted to the world of paralives, for example Parawolf? Vampara? etc.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now