The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Community Feed Forums Off Topic Thoughts on Roxane being fired? Reply To: Thoughts on Roxane being fired?

• crabwhatalad

Star Hubkin
    May 28, 2020 at 10:23 am
    Picture Perfect
    Loyalty Badge
    Friendship Badge
    Appreciation Badge
    Trendsetter Badge
    Diamond Egg
     Hub Points

I have decided to stay neutral on this topic. I’ve read all the tweets through thoroughly and I was shocked to hear that Roxanne had been fired. I don’t know about anyone else but I genuinely thought the team got on very well together, seeing tweets of them visiting each other’s islands in Animal Crossing etc.

But after this has happened I’ve realised that personally I cannot pick sides, because for me, I am not on the team and therefore have no way to tell for sure who is really at fault.

Also, from what both sides have said I can see that both Roxanne and Alex did things I do not agree with. For example, Roxanne was apparently toxic for the rest of the group as she often yelled and was not professional at all. On the other hand, apparently Alex is controlling, blames Roxanne and Lèa for his own design choices, and does minimal work.

Alex did also say that Roxanne was not professional in the communication side of things too. Personally I was confused by this as I often thought she was great at answering questions and had real personality, without it getting in the way of work. She was rarely brash in my opinion and when she was she apologised in a respectful manner.

Alex, however I think would have been right to decide not to work with her if her toxicity held work back and ruined the environment for the other workers.

Overall I believe both sides have valid points, however as the founder and boss of the Paralives company, Alex does have the right to fire/discipline workers if it negatively effects the company. Despite this as someone who is not working on the dev team I have no way to say whether what was done was morally right or wrong. I do believe Roxanne had some very valid points on the development process such as blaming her and Lèa for design choices they did not make and putting off certain aspects of the game. I hope these issues will be fixed and Alex will address and find a solution to these problems, so Paralives can be the best game it can be.

A final note to the community:

I really don’t want a go e to spread hate about this subject. If you are not part of the developers team you do not know for sure anything that went on, and without all of the solid facts it is impossible for anyone to make a decision. I don’t think it’s fair to target anyone in this situation, instead we should focus on making the game the best it can be and continuing to build a tight community. I hope everyone can be respectful and everyone can move on from this with no judgement and in a well mannered way 🙂