The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Gameplay & Simulation Complete Suggestion for Culture as a Skill/Trait Reply To: Complete Suggestion for Culture as a Skill/Trait

• bailey

Star Hubkin
    May 3, 2020 at 4:57 am
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

My opinion with anything related to “culture” is still one of hesitance. My first main issue is that inevitably, people will be upset if their own culture is excluded. Even if you use vague terms like “Asian” or “American” culture, there’s no way to represent everyone included in that bubble, and those that aren’t included are likely to be upset.

Second, I feel it’s risky to list things under a specific culture umbrella. American culture, what is that. North? South? Central? All? Each of those places are totally different. So if a Para has an ‘American’ culture trait, which countries/cultures is it based around? Trying to expand to as many customs and cultures of the Americas and putting it all under one ‘American culture trait’, would not only be a lot of work, but also come across as a bit messy. Similarly, in your example, you mentioned East Asia, which (according to my quick Google search :p) is said to include China, Mongolia, North Korea, South Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Macau. Putting all of those very different countries under one term just seems odd.

Personally, I wish Paralives would avoid using real world cultures as much as possible. I think they could create their own fictional cultures which could be slightly based on reality, but still have their own identity and let the players decide what their customs could be.

17+

New Report

Close