The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Gameplay & Simulation List of big and small gameplay ideas by Lorna and cakeefeatured Reply To: List of big and small gameplay ideas by Lorna and cakeefeatured

• bailey

Star Hubkin
    April 30, 2020 at 6:43 pm
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

Alright, I want to briefly talk story progression. How far do you guys think story progression should effect the towns folks in the game?

Alex has stated that he would like to see Parafolk getting married, having kids, progressing through their jobs/getting new jobs and more all on their own. This of course sounds great and makes sense, and I’d like to see all of this personally. That said, there are some things I’d kind of prefer for them to not be able to do on their own.

For me the big one is the pets. I really wouldn’t like it if Parafolk could go out and get pets on their own. For one thing, I don’t want Parafolk living in suburban neighborhoods with average sized backyards or folks living on the beach going out and bringing home horses :p. It would really just break the immersion for me. Likewise, I don’t want a to be neighbors with a Para and then one day they go out a buy some loud barking dogs :/ I am quite a control freak, but I am open to folks being able to live their own lives and do their own thing. That said, I’d prefer for things to not get too crazy.

But, I was wondering how other people felt about this. Do you think Parafolk should be able to acquire pets on their own? Should there be a set of settings involved for pets, or for story progression in general? How do you think story progression should function as a whole?

I think maybe the simplest thing to do, would be creating settings to choose what Paras can and can’t do on their own. Whether that be getting pets, getting certain pets, changing their job, whatever it may be. But what does everyone else think about this?

1+

New Report

Close