The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Gameplay & Simulation Personality Poll Reply To: Personality Poll

• Dizzardy

High Hubkin
    April 20, 2020 at 5:50 pm
    Loyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

I had this idea for how a trait system could work. I’m just going to throw it out there I’m not sure if it’ll make any sense. :p

So my idea involves three different kinds of traits. Strong traits, Weak traits and Deep traits.

Your Para has three strong traits, these are the aspects of their character that are the most obvious and present themselves the most often. Your Para also has six weak traits, these are parts of their character that gives them “flavour” (and stops them being too “one-note”) but don’t present themselves as strongly as the strong traits do. Finally your Para also has three deep traits, these traits don’t present themselves at all (you could say they’re “asymptomatic” :P) however actions your Para takes can contribute to making these traits stronger until they eventually overtake a Weak trait. (and eventually a strong trait)

Also as a side note, “Deep Traits” ignore personality conflicts. So you could have a Parafolk who has a strong “Good” trait and a deep “Evil trait”, or a weak “Family Orientated” trait and a deep “Non-Committal” trait.

The twist is that you only pick your Parafolks three strong traits and three of their weak traits. The other three weak traits and all three deep traits are unknown to you when you start playing.

I get that taking control out of players hands might not go down well, but I still like the idea. Perhaps there could be an alternative mode that allows you to choose all their strong and weak traits, disabling deep traits entirely.

On another note I imagine there would be some way for deep traits to be gotten rid of entirely and replaced with new ones but I’m not sure how that would work. I could see perhaps visiting a therapist could make your parafolk aware of their hidden weak traits and deep traits…..and then therapy could be a way to change those traits if you wanted.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by  Dizzardy.
    2+

New Report

Close