The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums General Ideas PARABOOK: The More than just a Trilogy Reply To: PARABOOK: The More than just a Trilogy

• Clara J

Noteworthy Newcomer
    April 21, 2020 at 1:44 am
    Friendship BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

[quote quote=8246]

At first the stuff sounded pretty good that I just read today, but later it got into health stuff, all kinds of diseases and mental and physical disabilities, I hope those are just people’s suggestions and not set in stone, because that scared me off a lot! I have physical disabilities myself and some health problems, but I don’t want to have them in any game like this, that wouldn’t be fun at all, that would make it nearly like the more violent fighting type games, except instead of a monster or other fighter trying to kill my character, it’s a disease or I have worry that they will get hit my a car or get in a horrible accident, why would I want to play that?

I don’t want so much real life horrors in my game, especially when they apparently plan on making the Para’s cartoonie, if they aren’t going even look as real as TS4, why add a bunch of real world problems into it, I mean someone, I assume has suggested even homophobia, really? Again no, might as well have racism and other bigotry into it then too, I sure wouldn’t buy it if they did any of that and if they add a bunch of diseases or major disabilities, than I’m out on that too, I deal with enough of my own, I don’t need it depicted in my games too! I play The Sims to forget my troubles, my pains, not just everyday normal stuff, I mean I also have some mental disabilities too, depression and social anxiety as well agoraphobia, I don’t want to play with it in a game, same with physical illnesses, not real ones, I have lupus, which causes me pain all the time, my mom died of heart failure, my dad of a stroke, so no I don’t want any major stuff like that in a game that is supposed to be for fun, because that isn’t fun!

It’s bad enough that TS4 has emotional deaths, which I hate, but I found a mod to turn off, I don’t want another game that thinks having 100 ways to die is funny! I know a lot of people LOVE to kill their Sims, and I am sure they can’t wait to kill their Para as well, but I don’t really spend all my time doing that, mostly I like to just watch them learn and grow and have families, not kill them or watch them die! Heck I don’t even like to play elder Sims, because I don’t like to see my favorites die! But sure I do, and I understand some have to, but we don’t need extra ways to have them die!

I mean the list was enormous, horrible things too, I don’t understand why people want so much bad stuff of real life in their games, can’t we just have something real like, but nice and fun sometimes, isn’t there enough death in real life ?

I know everyone is going to get mad at me for this, but I just don’t want this game I have been so happy about to get turned into just another death filled thing with me spending more time worried about something killing my Para, than actually doing anything fun with them! I want to escape the bad stuff, not bring it into my game to play, if I want killing or death I will play GTA games, which I have, but don’t anymore, I won’t bother with GTA 5 for instance, I just have a few of the older ones! I do play Skyrim and the other Elder Scrolls games, but I haven’t in a long time, I just have them and others on Steam that are the violent type games, but I want another game without that stuff, it’s why I stopped playing them, I can’t even relax and play them, because you always have to worry about being killed by someone. that’s not really fun to me!

So please don’t mess this game up like some have tried to do with The Sims, and in someway succeeded! I don’t want to be reminded of my problems, I want to be able to forget them for a bit!

These are just ideas from a long time ago from our community, and don’t worry, all of these concerns you mentioned are confirmed to not be in the game (such as mental disabilities and homophobia)

The game is strictly going to be T rated.

Also I would suggest reading the wiki article that has ALL features confirmed so you can see what is and what is not confirmed.

All Features.

<iframe title=”“All Features.” — The Paralives Hub” class=”wp-embedded-content” sandbox=”allow-scripts” security=”restricted” style=”position: absolute; clip: rect(1px, 1px, 1px, 1px);” src=”https://paraliveshub.com/wiki/all-features/embed/#?secret=sCyQQ7YoIg” data-secret=”sCyQQ7YoIg” width=”600″ height=”338″ frameborder=”0″ marginwidth=”0″ marginheight=”0″ scrolling=”no”></iframe>

[/quote]

Thank you for telling this, I wasn’t sure what was going on, I was really worried about it, I mean I guess I suspected homophobia wouldn’t make it in, I wasn’t sure of some of the disability stuff and major illnesses, which I was worried about most, since it seemed more likely to make it than the other!

I have checked out the wiki and am happy with what they do confirm! The book seems a bit confusing, since I couldn’t find anything that said it was just suggestions, I don’t know maybe I missed it! In any case I am glad all that bad stuff I read isn’t really part of the game!

Planned Features.

3+

New Report

Close