The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Parafolk Infinite Personality Idea Reply To: Infinite Personality Idea

• Rammgrrrl

Paraling
    March 27, 2020 at 6:31 am
    Friendship BadgeLoyalty BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I like this idea. I know lots of people think it will be boring because then people will create “perfect” Parafolk, but people are way more complex than just five personality traits, and I’ve noticed that it’s easy to create false dichotomies (e.g. you can either be creative or logical but not both, when in reality there are not only lots of people who have both traits, but there is work that requires both traits, like engineering). It doesn’t have to be done in a way that’s overly complicated, either; it can just be a few sliders. I like your base set, but I think for creativity it should be more like creative vs. unimaginative, conformist vs. nonconformist, or something like that. Logic should have a separate slider, like logical vs. illogical, or practical vs. impractical. That way, we can differentiate between the dreamer (creative and illogical), the inventor (creative and logical), the factual rule follower (logical and unimaginative), and someone who is skilled in neither creativity nor logic. Furthermore, some traits fluctuate depending on mood (for example, I am kind and reasonable most of the time, but not when I’m experiencing intense emotions, and I think that’s true for a lot of people), so it would be good to include that with a calm vs. overemotional scale. For example, say a Parafolk has +8 points on the empathy scale (-10 mean to +10 kind). The emotion regulation scale ranges from -10 to +10, so overemotional Parafolk (+10 points) would reach +10 empathy when happy and -10 when angry, calm Parafolk would remain unchanged, and in-between Parafolk would only gain/lose some points. Anyway, those are just a few of my thoughts.

4+

New Report

Close