The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Parafolk Character Creator Ideas Reply To: Character Creator Ideas

• bailey

Star Hubkin
    February 25, 2020 at 3:44 am
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgePicture Perfect
     Hub Points

I haven’t posted in a while, but I thought of a new idea for creating characters with the Paramaker. Now, I know this is going to sound like a lot and I highly doubt this is something can would be easy to do, especially for a game made by a smaller team, but I thought I’d propose it anyway, maybe in the event that even if it won’t make it for the initial release, it could come in a future update.

I’ll keep it as simple as possible. I think that for each age range that’ll be in the game, there should be 2 stages, a younger half and older half. Yes, it’s certainly a lot, but I think this would be a grate compromise if we don’t get gradual aging. That way, there will be a larger variety of families that one will be able to create and aging and development will seem more progressive and natural.

As for what I think would be a good system, I’ll trying to summarize it. Y=younger O=older so I don’t need to keep typing the full words over and over.

Baby
    Y-Newborn. The Para can’t move on it’s own yet. It can only sleep and eat. It must be carried around by its parents to go anywhere.
    O-Infant. Around 6 months. This Para can be taught to crawl. Eventually they can crawl anywhere, but can’t traverse stairs.

Toddler
    Y-Around 1 year. This Para can stand up and toddle around. Can slowly climb stairs. Can start babbling.
    O-Around 3 years. This Para can walk perfectly. Can learn to speak perfectly. Can start potty training. Can switch from diapers to pull-ups.

Child
    Y-Around 6 years. This Para can use the toilet properly. Can attend school.
    O-Pre-teen. Around 10 years. This Para can have chores. Can learn things such as cooking. Can start to have hobbies.

Teenager
    Y-Around 13 years. This Para can start experiencing crushes on other Paras. Can have acne.
    O- Around 16 years. This Para can start dating and enter a serious relationship. This Para can learn to drive and get a job.

Adult
    Y-This Para can propose and be wed. Can procreate.
    O- This Para will start getting wrinkles. May start to be less active.

Elder.
    Y-This Para will lose the ability to procreate.
    O-This Para can retire. Can pass away of old age.

Basically I think it would be cool to see Parafolk develop overtime. Not to mention, I think it would be great to allow players to have more options for each age range. Instead of all kids, babies, and teenagers being the same age by default, you could pick if a family has an older kid and a younger baby, or an older baby and a younger kid.

And again, even if this doesn’t make it into the initial release, I hope it can be considered for a future update.

5+

New Report

Close