The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Gameplay & Simulation Disabilities (mental and physical) Reply To: Disabilities (mental and physical)

• MagaCarter

Star Hubkin
    November 23, 2019 at 7:18 pm
    Loyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond EggPicture Perfect
     Hub Points

[quote quote=5821]I like the idea and am also interested in simulating a life with different setbacks. However, I don’t know if this would be an idea they would execute. There’s a reason most games of many genres don’t have playable characters with physical or mental setbacks. It’s a controversial topic and a vast concept to execute. Tragedy or sudden life-changing events can impose triggers for individuals or offense to others if “not portrayed correctly”. If this were to be an idea the devs wanted to include, there would have to be deep consideration of which disabilities to include and to what extent/level of severity they would allow. Not to mention the addition of services, treatments, and support from work/family depending or relationship statuses and financial stability (assuming insurance or medical bills being a thing in the game).

I would love to see/read other opinions on how something like this could be appropriately executed for this game for its gameplay and its rating.

[/quote]

I respectively disagree. The thing is that there should be *more* characters with disabilities in everything from books, movies/tv shows and VGs who aren’t either Evil (Captain Hook and Long John Sliver) or temporary disabled (Clara from Heidi and Colin from the Secret Garden). Do you know how sad is it for those people born with disabilities not seeing them represent or represented badly (an excellent example of badly represent disability was Archie in Glee the way the actor was sitting in the wheelchair wasn’t right) in stories?

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by  MagaCarter.

New Report

Close