The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Gameplay & Simulation Autonomy Re: Autonomy

• yeetthesalsa

Paraling
    August 13, 2019 at 1:20 am
    Friendship BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points
    quote Bailey post_id=566 time=1565631923 user_id=164:

quote RBolton post_id=544 time=1565521256 user_id=416:

I disagree. Personally, I think that the game should either allow you to control your pets or not, because both controlling your pets and not controlling your pets are unique experiences and the game’s design needs to be tailored to fit it.

Maybe I’m missing something, but I don’t see how there would be an issue. The option to control the pet can simply be there, but if you don’t want to use it, you just never have to touch it.

Yeah, I’m kind of on the same page as you here, but I think what they’re getting at is that if you have control of the pets, then you (as your pet) can do any tricks without having to learn them vs. your para needing to teach them tricks if you don’t have control of your pets. That’s the only way I can actually see it impacting gameplay.

What I think is maybe it could work as I suggested previously, and if you do decide to control your pet, actions (besides sitting, moving, laying down, barking etc.) are part of a skill and they need to be trained in order to be able to do them. Also in order for the para to directly control the pet (commanding them to sit, stay, lay down etc.) they need to train them to do that.

If the other concern is that autonomy determined the need for obedience training for pets, maybe pets only do stuff they’re not supposed to if autonomy is on, and paras can train them to behave.

2+

New Report

Close