The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Paralives Discussion A ‘Share Your Initial Thoughts’ Thread Reply To: A ‘Share Your Initial Thoughts’ Thread

• PlyPlay665

High Hubkin
    September 19, 2019 at 9:18 pm
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship BadgeDiamond EggPicture Perfect
     Hub Points

My initial thought is that I hope that this game is super open to customization and modding from the community. This might be hard to actually make work right (mods always cause conflicts), but if this is such a ground-up project by one person, I think that might be the only way for this to really work.

[quote quote=3510](…) I often found myself Googling things like “The Sims needs a competitor” just to see if other people shared my feelings. I was so happy to see Paralives, although I was a tiny bit sceptical at first but I really wish to see this game succeed so I decided to build this website to give the fans another place to hang out and keep the fire burning.

The more I learned about Paralives the less sceptical I became. The features and art I’ve seen so far looks beautiful. I truly believe this will become the next big life sim. And for the record, my wishes are NOT for The Sims to die out but for it to be driven forward by competition, not monopolise an entire genre like it is.

[/quote]
    I love how crowdsourced this seems to be! People just learning about the project and offering to help in whatever way they can. I don’t really have much of any skills to offer, but I do intend on supporting monetarily (although I have to get a full-time job first!) I wholeheartedly agree that I don’t want the Sims to die out. I actually got a tattoo of the plumbbob a few years back, so the last thing I want is for that to happen. However, I think competition would do EA some good. Let’s just hope that they don’t just give up like they did with SimCity.

[quote quote=3538](…) I think this game is more focused on building which I love, so I don’t think we should delve too deep into the customisation of the people and I don’t think they should have their own language because that seems to similar to the sims to me. (…)[/quote]
    I have to disagree with you there! I hope there is a fake language that comes out of it. I don’t want to hear the Parafolk saying the same lines over and over again. I also think the name alludes to the idea that it’s going to be primarily a life simulator. However, time will tell. I’m not the one making the game! Parabuilder would be a better name if that were the case, though.

2+

New Report

Close