The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Open World Town Themes (An Alternative to making 10+ different towns) Reply To: Town Themes (An Alternative to making 10+ different towns)

• Aibas(Ahmed Saddig)

Pro Hubkin
    September 11, 2019 at 2:16 pm
    Friendship BadgeDiamond EggAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty Badge
     Hub Points

I think that your idea is great but the fact that you grouped a lot of countries and cultures under the term “Asia” is not what most people want, i think that choosing a couple of countries to represent one region is ethically wrong, cultures can differ vastly from one country to another, and for using a Korean/Japanese style for a Asia for E.g as a continent that contains most of the world’s people is just worrying and unrepresentative. to include these types of generalisations and then picking the most “Popular’ or “Known” about country/countries from each region feeds into the “International but really just stereotypical european/western Architecture/Culture” stereotype, where most people in many games generally don’t see themselves as represented. I think that creating new cultures and made up ethnicities will clear up all the Moral controversies that could possibly generate from including these Umbrella “Themes” today and will not show preference to a single culture over the other, rather it gives something that can be interpreted in many ways and in this case can cause little to no concern about Cultural Monogamy

5+

New Report

Close