The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Parafolk Character Creator: Traits Re: Character Creator: Traits

• lostwanderers

Parafolk
    August 9, 2019 at 12:08 am
     Hub Points

You know what would be absolutely amazing? A sort of Introvert, Extrovert, Ambivert characterization system. 😀

I’ve never really liked the idea that “Extrovert”, “Introvert”, and such are labeled as specific traits in themselves. I feel like they are more like constructs since one extrovert can be very different in personality to another. Not all extroverts are loud and wild. And being an introvert doesn’t automatically make you shy and hate everyone.

Paralives could possibly have a kind of “character scoring system”

You give your Parafolk specific traits, and seeing that, the game could judge their personality overall as an Extrovert, Introvert, or Ambivert. Certain traits could have a kind of points system that makes it more likely for the character to be placed in which umbrella category.

– Talkative (+5 extroversion, +2 introversion)
    – Honest (neutral trait, +0 extroversion +0 introversion)
    – Shy (+5 introversion, +2 extroversion)
    [These points wouldn’t be there for the player to see.]

By the end of character creation, whatever your character scores the overall highest in, the game would decide which group they belong to. If it’s too close, like only a few points apart, they’d be considered an Ambivert.

This wouldn’t mean that you don’t see the effects of the specific traits you chose for your Parafolk to have, that’s all still their personality. But, I think this could be used in interesting ways regarding social gameplay, to make it feel deeper. I feel like there’s a lot of flexibility and makes the personalities seem more dynamic.

Or maybe I’m being over complicated? Idk, it sounded cool to me. 😛

1+

New Report

Close