The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums Parafolk Edit: The massive consept for biology, gender, sexuality, personality, intellectual gifteness & intrests Re: The massive consept for biology, gender, sexuality, personality, intellectual gifteness & intrests

• altaa-ira

Noteworthy Newcomer
    July 22, 2019 at 10:04 am
    Trendsetter Badge
     Hub Points

Ashalyn: that’s why I prefer calling it the draft and the experient how well the theories would work in the life simulation gaming context. I posted it it primarily to give inspiration than to demand. (: I agree with the libido especially after confirmed teen rating. Maybe Alex could make possible to add it as a custom need by a simple scripting mod if needed unlike in the Sims?

Bayley: we had a discussion about it on Discord channel. The biggest problem people find in the other life simulation games is how characters they identified to belong to the sexual minority may still accept romantic interactions from the characters they shouldn’t. The way how you suggested it to work sounds great idea! I’ve thought it also (but didn’t remember to write it): when the player gives a new name, it would create a new custom class in the game. It would be tunable in the advanced settings.

Flawrence: when writing this in my native language, I also noticed how difficult it would be to make then work together especially when there are overlapping areas like that social intelligence. Personally, my biggest hope /request would be to get progressive/adjustable personality traits, the easy way to add custom traits if needed and keep personality, intelligence and interests separated unlike done in the Sims 3 & 4.

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate it a lot. About the biology: it’s admittely formulated badly because when it comes to body types. I originally considered androgynous to be a character without genitalia and a sex and could be used to create purely fictional characters like the angels and demons from CLAMP’s Wish. Afterwards, I added the features seen in the Sims 4 and didn’t understand to explain what I mean. In addition, I considered a biological sex but replaced it by above. Sorry, the androgynous is not intended to be homophobic. I’ll add this explanation to the original text.

I separated the biology and the gender due to the reasons you mentioned: the gender would be the one the character identifies, the biology would be how their body functions, instead. I wrote down a long list of non-binary genders to my original plan but decided to not write them here because of having a idea of the text bin where the player could freely identificate their character. Of course, I didn’t remember to write that thought to my post anymore.

Ok, I’ll remove those. I completely undestand your points. I’ve studied a gender representation for one course in the uni due to my interest to understand more the gender equality. My attempt was to create as representative and equial system as possible which wouldn’t define the characters. For some reason, I didn’t find any coherensive list about the genders and orientations even on the LGBTI Rights site of my country. That’s why I ended up using “the relieable” site Wikipedia and thought to check to right terms when getting back to the uni library. Please don’t worry! I’m glad people don’t just quiet because of fear of offending the others – otherwise the world will not become any better place for every one of us.
    (A bit off topic, but I may have been too vocal when it comes to ace people’s representation in Discord. The way how intimate and woohoo related affairs has been made in the Sims has always pissed me off because they almost completely exclude the existence of ace people and people with problems related to intimacy such as abused.)

EDIT: I’m terribly sorry for the wrong terms and offending! I definetly shouldn’t have written “female / male / androgynous” on the first place. Such a terrible mistake which I didn’t notice when answering by using my phone. 😥

2+

New Report

Close