The Paralives Hub Forums

Welcome to the unofficial Paralives Forums. Discuss ideas and connect with Paralives fans from around the world.

Home Forums General Ideas Personality System / Do we need "personality traits"? Re: Personality System / Do we need "personality traits"?

• atheistcanuck

July 20, 2019 at 6:42 pm
     Hub Points
    quote sawdust post_id=153 time=1563609696 user_id=153:

I always preferred the Sims 2 style of personality sliders. The current thinking is there are 5 major personality traits:

Conscientiousness
    Agreeableness
    Neuroticism
    Openness
    Extroversion

Having sliders or allocating points on a 1 – 10 scale would allow for a greater degree of difference in my opinion. You can then add character traits (on the same slider basis as personality) which could be learned in the game via chance cards as well as specific game play actions. (ie being mean would lower kindness). Adults could begin with some points in the various categories as part of the creation process so they are not a complete blank slate when starting out. As well as that you could also add “Interests” and/or “Pet Hates”. Just what those would entail would be decided to some extent by the available game play. (ie no point having something like Archery as an interest if it’s not in the game)

I think most of those are good scales to have for personality points and then you have traits on top, and you could do interesting things like have an introvert with the “charismatic” trait which means they don’t like being around people that much but people tend to like them (which might cause them some trouble with people wanting to be around them when they don’t want to be around people!), or a “shy” extrovert who needs plenty of social interactions but has trouble dealing with new people.

1+

New Report

Close