Home Forums General Ideas Paralives Painting System in The Paramaker

This topic contains 1 voice and has 0 replies.
1 voice
0 replies
  • Author
    gamedomino
    Participant
    Hub Points: 3227
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter Badge
    Para Pro

So I thought up a system to paint parafolk awhile ago but I decided to make another post about this because I wanted to make a visual example and to essentially update the entire post.

On the first topic and question, “What is a Painting System for PAM?”

Now it is not a literal painting (because then there is no need to make a forum post over it) but rather an in-game mechanic that would also you to make full-use of your creativity and it could go along-side Create-A-Style and allow the user to have full potential.

It would allow you to paint on any clothing item, like a nice shirt to the most complex thing you have ever seen, any accessory like for example the pair of Wireless Headphones we have seen in the PAM video, and also while this may be a stretch, the parafolks bodies and faces themselves.

I always wanted it to be like that because it was really damn cool when in the Sims 3 & 4 Pet Expansions allowed you to paint on their coats and everything and I wanted to do that but on normal parafolk along with their little pet buddies.

Here is an (admittedly not great) visual concept, quite bare bones because I am not the best with 2D Art, although I should learn but that’s not the topic here, of what perhaps the UI could be like, but who knows.

View post on imgur.com

This concept shows lots of things so lets explain them:

So there’s your color wheel and all that for the item you are using to paint your clothing, accessory or parafolk and then your materials chooser (It’s for the material of the brush so if you want to paint freakin’ polka pot patterns, why not.)

Then there are some tools like your Pencil, Brush, Pen, Eraser and Bucket, all of those are self-explanatory and I hope you can edit them like in a normal painting program like GIMP or paint.net for example.

Now here is the sixth one that I think would be real interesting, the Design Gallery.

Now not everyone (including me) is the best at painting or even decent at it, and this painting system would be real limiting to those without those skills right?

Wrong because the Design Gallery which would be like a Stamp essentially, would allow you to pick a design from the gallery (which would have steam workshop integration, meaning patterns could be transparent images or something to make those sweet patterns and to add any transparent image and add it to the item you want to, for convenience) and then you stamp it on the item, then being able to size, rotate and move it and then to confirm your selection.

The possibilities would really be endless for even the most plain clothing as with this painting system it could become any style or brand, and this way people can edit to their preference and unleash their creativity even if they don’t have the necessary skills to paint.

Think about it, you could make sweet tattoos or body paint of your choice by painting parafolk, hell allow people to edit facial features like the eyes and you would see some sweet contacts going on now, and you could also do things like make your own make-up as well if you wanted to.

For clothing now all your clothes can have tons of styles and look different and everything can be to your liking, have a part of a shirt you don’t like? Change it then.

For accessories it would be quite unlimited as well for the same reason as clothes.

Imagine that, you could make your items truly a one out of one piece and have your parafolk stand out, and you could share your clothing, accessory and parafolk designs (I will call those Cosmetic Paintings) and then you can share those Cosmetic Paintings into the Steam Workshop and use it at any time in The Paramaker and even choose if you want people to edit it or not to prevent copies.

I think this idea would allow people to unleash their potential while allowing both the skilled and people who lack the skills to be able to change their items to the way they want to.

I hope you enjoy this idea, and have a good night/day.

Amateur but the Second Paralives Content Creator in history.

obviously @Simtroverted is the first person to make CC for the game, thank him as well.

Message my Paralives Hub Account for any CC request and I may consider it.

3+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.