Home Forums General Discussion Fame

6 voices
5 replies
  • Author
    Nwhipple
    Participant
    Hub Points: 196
    Loyalty Badge

Will the paras be able to become famous?

1+
    crabwhatalad
    Participant
    Hub Points: 2634
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter Badge
    Rising Parafolk

I would really love for fame to be incorporated into Paralives- it really adds depth and realism. I think public reputation should be added too- I would love that

3+
    Jinxin
    Participant
    Hub Points: 4630
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter Badge
    Para Master

I think public reputation should be added too- I would love that

I’d really like a reputation system, but it would need to be more complicated than the sims one. Why would my best friend care about the opinion of somebody they also hate, and why would a complete stranger care about what my best friend they’ve never met has to say about me? I think that the reputation for non-famous para’s should be based off of that para’s relationship with mutual friends, so if you introduce yourself to someone with 3 friends that like you, you start off with a better relationship.

I also think that two-sided relationships could be great for dealing with public reputation and fame. Like a fan would have a high relationship bar with the celebrity, but the celebrity would have a low relationship bar with the fan (rather than having a “best friends” level relationship with everyone you meet like in a certain game). Then a para might like a celebrity more because their friends really like them, but friends of the celebrity wouldn’t care much for the opinion of the fan.

Wishlist Paralives on Steam
    - Alfred Einstein

9+
    hoopsie022
    Hub Points: 1338
    Loyalty BadgeWiki Badge
    Paraling

We don’t know if they will be able to become famous or not yet ? The game’s still in early development, so many of the gameplay elements such as fame hasn’t been decided yet

Miriak
    Participant
    Hub Points: 1134
    Picture PerfectAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeLoyalty Badge
    High Hubkin

I also think that two-sided relationships could be great for dealing with public reputation and fame. Like a fan would have a high relationship bar with the celebrity, but the celebrity would have a low relationship bar with the fan (rather than having a “best friends” level relationship with everyone you meet like in a certain game). Then a para might like a celebrity more because their friends really like them, but friends of the celebrity wouldn’t care much for the opinion of the fan.

It’s called “parasocial relationships”, and I find a word “parasocial” in this fandom a bit hilarious, ’cause it’s a pun. It reflects a bit a topic about relationship of devs with their users. The Sims 2 had it so different sides are at different levels with each other – one might consider the other friend, the other might not, which was interesting in itself without even including celebrities and media.

"They", "them". Paralives for the win. @LiraMiriak on Twitter

2+
    Kaylin
    Participant
    Hub Points: 679
    Friendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty Badge
    Humble Hubkin

I have so many mixed feelings about having celebrities in game. The sims did not implement it well enough for me to day yes I’d love to see this again. As long as the npcs aren’t outshining you every chance they get and show up to every public location that you travel to I’d be happy with it.

2+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.