Home Forums Characters Character Gender/Sexuality (my take)

14 voices
17 replies
  • Author
    abii
    Participant
    Hub Points: 30

I think it’s really important to have genders other than male/female and it shouldn’t be that difficult to implement so I don’t know why the Sims haven’t done it yet.

1+
    Eclipsed_Skye
    Participant
    Hub Points: 100

I agree with having a variety of genders or sexualities to implement in the game, though I feel like the pronouns should be limited to she/her, he/him and they/them. Being able to input your own pronouns would get confusing and I feel like there’d be at least a few people who misuse that system, besides it might also be complicated for younger audiences who decide they’d like to play Paralives (of course I understand it could help widen that horizon of identification for them, but it might get convoluted). Being able to input your own gender I think should be enough to ensure all identities get represented.

Other than that, I agree that option 2 would be the best way to set attraction between Parafolks.

2+
    Ami
    Participant
    Hub Points: 36

I think players should be able to toggle these options/events on or off. Say younger children play the game, maybe their parents don’t want them exposed to such things at whatever age they are. Say you’re playing, but you don’t want to bother with it. This is an unpopular opinion, but if the development and content of Paralives is heavily influenced by the community, everyone should have a say in it.

1+
    SmallestPolarBear
    Participant
    Hub Points: 322
    Loyalty Badge
    Noteworthy Newcomer

i don’t think we should choose a body type of gender but instead be able entirely trough sliders to make paras have any apparence

2+
    Megy
    Participant
    Hub Points: 56

I really like this idea! I think it’d also be interesting if parafolk could have a neutral looking body type but you could use sliders to make them look the way you wanted. Idk tho.

2+
    Amazing_Star
    Participant
    Hub Points: 579
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter Badge
    Humble Hubkin

I think that there should be some predefined sexualities – heterosexual (heteroromantic), homosexual (homoromantic), bisexual (biromantic), pansexual (panromantic), demisexual (demiromantic) and asexual (aromantic). You would also have option for own sexuality – you could choose to which gender(s) your parafolk has romantic and sexual attraction, you could also choose if parafolks is interested in masculinity or femininity , For example, , there is sexuality called Nowomasexual and somehow I don’t expect it to be in game by default (but you know, Alex could suprise us) – as nowomasexual, you feel attraction to men, non-binary people, masculine aligned non-binary people, feminine aligned non-binary people, unaligned non-binary people, agender people, only Binary women are exception. With custom mode, you would be able to do this

Also regarding genders, some default option could be – genderfluid, bigender, agender, intergender and gender neutral.

I might actually recommend this site, if you wanna know more (I honestly spend there these few days a lot, because of my school project)
    https://lgbta.wikia.org/wiki/LGBTA_Wiki

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Amazing_Star.
    1+
    Rammgrrrl
    Participant
    Hub Points: 136
    Friendship Badge

I like attraction option 1 the best, but I think it should be more like a checkbox (as in, you can check all that apply) that would include men, women, and non-binary, maybe with options based on gender expression. There should also be a “none” option for asexuals. It might also be nice to differentiate between primary and secondary attraction (in other words, how well do they have to know each other in order for attraction to form?), but I don’t think it’s fully necessary, as long as you can control what decisions they make (I hate it when my Sims autonomously flirt with those they’re not already in a relationship with).

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Topics