Home Forums General Discussion Are we getting laundry?

last updated by Kaylin 4 days, 2 hours ago
8 voices
7 replies
  • Author
    h2oQueen
    Participant
    Hub Points: 42

Such as dryers and washing machine residential and communal, both top loader and front loader.

Thank you.

• This topic was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by h2oQueen.
    Ashes
    • Please don't tag Alex
    Hub Points: 1507
    Picture PerfectLoyalty BadgeFriendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki Badge
    Parafolk

Hi, laundry is not confirmed as of now 🙂

- Ex-Paralives moderator.
    Please be kind and friendly to everyone in our community, and don't be vulgar. Thank you!

Parafanatic
    Participant
    Hub Points: 362
    Loyalty Badge
    Noteworthy Newcomer

I would love to hav laundry like sims 4 and be able to do more please oh please let us have more bany furniture like playpens pack&goes bassinets changing tables and walkers would be cool. For adults wouldbe cool we could have maternity cloths and pregnancy could last a little longer tks hope u like ideas

2+
    skyler
    Participant
    Hub Points: 621
    Appreciation BadgeLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter Badge
    Humble Hubkin

I absolutely loathe laundry in the Sims 4. I hate the chance of starting a fire on your lot and having to clean the lint tray, it’s already a chore to remember in real life.

But I loved it in the Sims 3! The cute animation of clothes falling into the hamper automatically when changing clothes or getting in the shower. Plus the added moodlets for clean clothes and sheets. I really hope if it is implemented, it’s much more like the latter case.

I think Paralives could even do better, having laundromats would be really cool. Maybe once your para has gotten “stinky”, that particular clothing set would be “gone” in the hamper until it’s washed on laundry day. Maybe special washers and dryers could make your clothes last for weeks at a time without washing. <3

2+
    Kaitlyn
    Participant
    Hub Points: 1205
    Picture PerfectAppreciation BadgeFriendship BadgeLoyalty BadgeTrendsetter BadgeWiki Badge
    High Hubkin

I would appreciate laundry only if it adds depth in gameplay and isn’t just something for paras to do to kill time. There needs to be a reason and an incentive to do it. For example, if paras have a limited amount of clothes/outfits, the longer they wear the same outfit the dirtier it becomes making them smelly until they wash the clothes. And once the outfit goes into the hamper it can’t be worn again until it’s washed. If your para runs out of clean clothes, they’ll be forced to wear something dirty from the hamper, but this will put other paras off by their stinky smell. This gives laundry a purpose and not just a meaningless addition to gameplay. (*Cough* sims 4 *cough.*)

3+
    bailey
    Participant
    Hub Points: 998
    Trendsetter BadgeLoyalty BadgeFriendship Badge
    Hubkin

I hope we’ll have laundry along with other chores for our Parafolk to do. I’d love it if parents could assign chores to their kids.

1+
    cakeefeatured
    Participant
    Hub Points: 3104
    Loyalty BadgeAppreciation BadgeTrendsetter BadgeFriendship Badge
    Para Pro

I would appreciate laundry only if it adds depth in gameplay and isn’t just something for paras to do to kill time. There needs to be a reason and an incentive to do it. For example, if paras have a limited amount of clothes/outfits, the longer they wear the same outfit the dirtier it becomes making them smelly until they wash the clothes. And once the outfit goes into the hamper it can’t be worn again until it’s washed. If your para runs out of clean clothes, they’ll be forced to wear something dirty from the hamper, but this will put other paras off by their stinky smell. This gives laundry a purpose and not just a meaningless addition to gameplay. (*Cough* sims 4 *cough.*)

I agree there needs to be an important motive to actually have it, and i also agree again and I think it’d be cool if somehow dirty clothing would disappear from all paras wadrobes until they were cleaned.
    I’d also like if we could have laundry mats on community lots, so instead of having a washer dryer at home we’d also have the option to go downtown to clean them also.

2+
    Kaylin
    Participant
    Hub Points: 700
    Friendship BadgeTrendsetter BadgeLoyalty Badge
    Humble Hubkin

I personally could care less if it’s added or not, but If we do get laundry I really hope it’s not obnoxious like in the sims series with multiple steps.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Topics